Monday, March 9, 2009

So I have had an awesome week! My dream of finally having my own horse that I can actually ride finally came true. My husband told me to pick the one I want. I found it. I went in on it with my Dad so that my little sister could help me keep up on the riding part. She was just as excited as me. My dad was too. It has been so much fun. She is so good. Her name is Nelly. I know the pictures are not so great but she is really shy with the camera.
I didn't tell Emily I took her shopping for a halter and reins, and she thought she was picking it out for Jon's horse. I told her to go try it on her. She was in shock she thought I was lying. She has been over everyday to ride. Saturday she bought her first pair of cowgirl boots. Abby is so excited cause she can ride by herself now too. We just hook the lead rope up and pull her with Angel.

I have been so excited and grateful. I have learned more about my Dad since we have been doing this horse thing together. I am hearing stories that I have not ever heard before. I love it. Dreams do come true just in their own time.

I also have been called to be the assistant camp director for the young womens. This I am a little nervous of I always envied the Young Women leaders because they are such good examples. They have to be because they have all these little eyes on them . Well now I am one of them. That is just a little on the intimitading side. Even though I just have to be there for camp. I just know what a very important role this is in their lives.

I just love when I have a great week, it makes all those hard times worth it.

6 comments:

Daryl and Ashley said...

Awesome! I love the Nelly! I always wanted a horse, but I was allergic. Congrats on the calling you will do great!

Adam and Aubrey said...

Congrats on the horse! That is quite a treat! That really is awesome, I always wanted my parents to have one so I could ride it all the time. And good luck with the camp leader thing. I was a camp leader one year for my old ward (no assistant, ugh! but we only had 5 girls- total), and it was crazy. It'll be fun, and you are a great person for those girls to look up to!

Margaret said...

Congrats on both the horse and the calling. I wish I could have a horse but I don't think it would do well in my back yard. Camp is such a blast. I was just released from camp director last year and I totally miss it. The girls will love you and you will love being with them. Have fun.

gotshoes said...

Becky great horse. My dad said he needed more info size what type of metal. But he thought he could do it. Get me more details and we'll talk on Sunday
april

Rosie Moncrief said...

Congrats on the horse!! I'm jealous! You'll do great in your calling!

amanda said...

I am so jealous!! I want a horse of my own. That is so awesome! I'll come visit this summer and you'll have to let me ride.

I am also new in Young Women's. I am looking forward to camp. It should be fun.